Reptiler iFokus

Reptiler

Etikett: ormar
Läst 128 ggr
Honey-j
2

I’m scared of snakes?!

Hi!
So I want to get a pet snake but I’ve never actually seen or held a snake before, therefore I have no idea if im scared of them or not.
Would going to a reptile expo help? If i go there can I actually hold a snake?
I would really appreciate it if anyone has any tips for me

Draken
1
#1

It's not allowed to handle the animals att the expos, because it's to much stress for them.

You cold go to a Zoo or to a store that keeps and sell animals, there you proubobly could hold a snake.

Mvh./ Draken

SKK ansluten uppfödare. Långhårig Chihuahua

Kennel Teiashis

Honey-j
0
#2

#1: oh i see, thank you so much for the reply:)

[I_love_iller1]
0
#3

Yuo Can go her terrariedjur.se

Mr Crotalus
0
#4

Lots of people have snake phobias, but most don't feel the need to seek out professional help. If you live in a city like Chicago, where snakes are pretty rare, the fear of snakes may not cause you any trouble at all.

However, some people with snake phobias do find that it interferes with their activities. Parents don't want their children to pick up their fear of snakes, and dread the day when their child brings home a picture book of snakes, or asks to visit the reptile house of the local zoo. Someone whose spouse or partner enjoys hiking in forest preserves or other areas where snakes may be present may find that their avoidance of these places prevents what would otherwise be an enjoyable activity with their partner, maybe even limits their choice of vacation sites. Some people have a sufficient fear of snakes that simply seeing an ad on television for movies like "Snakes on a Plane" or "Anaconda" can really spoil their day.

Some people have a strong enough snake phobia that a chance encounter with the word snake in a magazine article, or a picture of one, can elicit a strong emotional reaction they find embarrassing. And some people do live in areas where encounters with snakes are more likely, and have a daily need to manage their fear.

If you are a person with a real need to overcome a snake phobia, please be aware that this is a very solvable problem.